Monday, March 20, 2006

Stock Market Notes:

A major point of my Python adventure, is to create application(s) which will help others (and myself) try various investment scenarios. There are a lot of ways to lose/make money in stocks & options, and I've tried many of them.

The app I'm going for, will (0.1 release) grab stock quotes, & present the various covered calls for a stock graphically. If anyone has other desired features or comments, post them & (if I think they're helpful), will fold them into the app. Initial release date, end of April (think I'll beat that easily, but you know how software estimates go)

Trading wise, I had a couple of rough months starting off this year, but March went pretty well. "Went" well, since if you trade options (in the US), your month ends on the 3rd Friday of the month. If someone has a favorite option/stock combination, mention it, & that can go into the app also.

Happy Coding, Happy Trading!

No comments: