Thursday, March 11, 2010

Whew, I did it! just over one year since the last post!

Nifty stuff - just installed Virtual Box onto my Vista laptop, then a small Ubuntu 9.10 guest OS.
Looked through the various Virtualization offerings, and though I like Sun, but not Oracle (nor Larry Ellison), this looked like the easiest way to go.
Sure enough, Virtual Box installs cleanly, and it's great to have Ubuntu up again.
I have some Windows programs which kept me with Vista, but now I can have Linux up at the same time. One happy camper geek here.

I must say, if you need both Linux and Windows around, this is the easiest way to have your cake & eat it too.

Pondering the next laptop. Anyone see a need to get an i7-720 or 820, vs the (lesser cores but higher base frequency) i5s?

Good times!

No comments: